Wednesday, July 31, 2013

iOS 7 Beta 4

Downloaded the new beta 4 for iOS 7. I have to say despite the few convenience items that I miss (Facebook and Twitter) I am really liking this iOS 7. My biggest goal is to figure out how to do the Dynamic Wallpapers so I can create some for me and my friends maybe even more.

The newest changes for Beta 4 can be found here: http://bgr.com/2013/07/29/ios-7-beta-4-full-change-log-changelog/

One thing that I can't wait to see how it is going to work out and play out is the Activation Lock with Find My iPhone. According to the site listed above this is Activation Lock:

       " Activation Lock, a new feature of Find My iPhone, is turned on automatically when Find My         iPhone is enabled on any device running iOS 7. Activation Lock requires users to enter their           Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone, sign out of iCloud, erase the device, or           reactivate the device after an erase. It’s important to do one of the following before            
        transferring a device to a new user:

       Sign out of iCloud.

       Turn off Activation Lock in Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone."

This makes me wonder if this is an attempt to keep people from disabling the iPhone's tracking and allowing the phone to be locatable. This would be great for all those who have had their device stolen and either the GPS turned off or the Find my iphone turned off. I can't help but wonder how far it will go. Will it make it all the way to not allowing a stolen phone to obtain service? Is there a way to blacklist it all through Find My iPhone?

Another thing I noticed but it didn't really register till after the fact was when I connected my phone to my computer. There was a popup that stated do you want to trust this computer it will have full access to your device. I found this interesting because without iTunes you can't really access much on your device other than the photo albums which you always could. Does this mean something else might be coming??? If so I would love to see an app that allows you to text from your computer and get all your messages including SMS messages not just iMessage and be cross platform (PC AND MAC) for those of us who use both.



No comments:

Post a Comment