Tuesday, September 24, 2013

iOS 7 How to deactivate Activation Lock



Found the work around! So in the past when the someone forgot their iPhone password the only thing that they could do was restore the iPhone (keep in mind the you still can go into my Computer and drag and drop the photos at least.)  With iOS7 and the Activation lock that presents a problem. Below are the steps to restore an iPhone when it is on iOS7 and Activation Lock is turned on.

Scenario: I forgot my password for my iPhone. I have Find my iPhone turned on and “activation lock” on.
Restoring iPhone gives me this message:




Steps:
You must log into iCloud and deactivate your device, Phone must be off for this to work:
(icloud.com- Find my iPhone- All Devices- any offline devices you can either click on or there will be an x next to them when highlighted. You must confirm that you want to remove it.
  

Once this is done you will have to put the phone in recovery mode otherwise you will receive this message:


Once in Recovery mode you will be able to click Restore and restore the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment