Saturday, February 13, 2016

Apple Watch

Wow I can't believe that I have had my Apple Watch since May of 2015 and never posted anything about it. Not sure where my mind was to forget that one! 

I received the Apple Watch Sport in "Pink" in May. First thing I noticed was that my fear was correct. The "pink" was actually Coral. Oh well. The bands do stretch out. I started with the large band and now I am currently on the smaller band. The bands are easy to get off and on and I have to say I like the ability to change my bands. Currently I changed to the violet or light purple band. (I also have the matching phone case and iPad case). The outside casing of the watch is the silver. I like the silver but I do have to say I am liking the rose gold/gold option they recently came out with. 



The watch fits nicely. The setup was a little tedious especially when you are excited to get it and play with it. One tip: If you have to disconnect your watch please please do a iCloud back up before you do so. Otherwise you will lose all your Health/Activity information. 

With the update that has come out in the last few months my second pet peeve went away. When I first got the watch you had to choose from stock backgrounds/faces for the watch. None of which allowed you to use your own photos or do anything with them. For a while I chose Mickey then did the one that had the activity circles and time along with the temperature. When the update came through and it allowed us to use the photos of courses I changed it to photos. I also noticed when I got my iPhone 6s that the watch did the Live Photos. Which was a big plus. 

There are a few games that you can play on the watch but to be honest I usually use the activity only on my watch. I will eventually look into using presentation options (like clickers or remotes) on it. I know that I can use the watch with Apple Remote App and with the DirecTv app and it will allow me to change and control the tv as a remote from my watch. The activity is my favorite thing to be honest. It measures my steps, my exercise and of course the stand meter. 

 
 



The stand meter confused me when I first got the watch because I would get the notification and I would stand at my desk for a min. But the circle didn't move. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. So then I did some research and found that I have to actually walk around. The stand circle is misnamed. It means stand and move around for a min. Not actually stand for a min. Once I figured that out it was a piece of cake. 

The exercise ring was another one that got me. I was exercising and the gym and the sucker didn't move!! I was doing 60 mins on the treadmill and nothing. Turns out you have to move your arms. So if you are like me and have a grip on the bars so you don't fall it won't register the exercise. (A recent update fixed this kind of but it is hit or miss) I also found that you have to raise your heartbeat to a specific number before it works and the more you workout the more it learns and makes it more difficult to get that circle moving. 

The activity app on the iPhone is amazing. It helps me keep track of things and let's me see progress over the past several days or months. One awesome thing is you can earn awards. They have recently changed the Activity app with the iOS 9.3 update. There is a new section in the app called workouts that will track and show you all your workouts. 

All in all I have to say I am pleased with my Apple Watch purchase. I have even gotten my daughter one for Christmas. I have to say it is better when you have friends that have the watch than just you by yourself. You can use the special texting where you send pulses or heart beat to your friends. Amanda and I play with that frequently. 

I would recommend the Apple Watch to anyone and everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment