Saturday, February 13, 2016

Logitech Keyboards


I have this thing with technology I admit it. Anything new or interesting I have to try.

 For my work laptop the biggest pet peeve I have is that I don't have a 10 keypad. I also hate getting used to a keyboard when I am docked and then when I have to go to a meeting I have to use the default mouse and keyboard. For Christmas Amanda got me the Logitech MK550. It comes with a mouse and keyboard. There is one dongle (yes it is really called that) that plugs into your USB port.  I have tried this keyboard with my work laptop (Dell) and with Amanda's laptop (HP I believe) but also with my old white MacBook (Feb 2009). I have to say I love how well it works. I like being able to use a full size keyboard when I need to while still having the mobility and not having to worry about plugs or cords. For anyone looking for a wireless keyboard for their computers I would definetly recommend this one! 


Here is a photo of the keyboard and mouse: 



The only downside to the above keyboard is that it doesn't work with tablets and phones. There is no USB port to plug the dongle in. So if you are looking at doing something on your mobile device or tablet you are back to using the onscreen keyboard. Not something I always like even though I can type fast no matter what. I recently found the Logitech K480. This is a Bluetooth keyboard that allows up to three devices to connect to it all at once. THere is a dial on the left hand side that allows you to toggle between devices. I currently have my iPad Mini and my iPhone 6s connected and I have to say it works wonderfully. (Using it to type this blog post). The downside to it is that it is a little bulky/thick. It feels old school if you will in the way the keys are. It reminds me of a kiddie typewriter or calculator. All in all though I like it and think it is a good tool when you need more than what your onscreen keyboard can do. Or if you need to type a lot and don't want to mess with the onscreen keyboard. I also like that I can connect this to my work computer or my mac book should I want to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment